Nearby to Waterfall Hideout are a number of local attractions that may interest you.
There’s an array of wonderful National Parks and bushwalking tracks a magnificent drive away from Waterfall Hideout, such as Mt Warning, Natural Bridge National Park, Springbrook National Park, Wollumbin National Park, Nightcap National Park and more.
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND MAPS GO TO OUR NATIONAL PARKS PAGE.
BEACHES ...Kingscliff is the closest beach to Waterfall Hideout. However there are also other incredible long stretches of secluded golden sand beaches only a drive away to Byron Bay, Fingal Heads, Chinderah, Cabarita, Hastings Point & Pottsville. Check our local beaches here.
The LOCAL MARKETS sell a huge vaiety of locally made and grown goods.
For more information on market dates and locations go to our markets page.
The diversity of habitat in this region, covering coastal and inland areas, is reflected in its birdlife.
WHALE WATCHING Enjoy Whale and Dolphin watch cruises from June to November.
SPORTS, HEALTH AND FITNESS
GARDENS There are a large number of parks, gardens and reserves across the Tweed
At every turn you will encounter breathtaking scenery and views, abundant wildlife and clean mountain air. The Tweed region is home to a range of quaint country towns, many with great cafes, craft shops, art galleries & country pubs. Below is just a small selection of the places you can visit during your stay.
- Chillingham – our closest village and home to Chillingham Store and bottle shop, Butchers Shop Pottery and Banana Cabana.
- Murwillumbah – Sunnyside Mall for all your supermarket shopping, with a range of speciality shops and boutiques in the main area of town.
- Tyalgum – a quaint village with country pub, shabby chic cafe and gift shop. Tyalgum is home to the Festival of Classical Music and Tyalgum Diggers Rodeo.
- Stokers Siding Pottery – World renowned potter in residence as well as a range of local arts and crafts.
- Uki Village (pronounced Yook-eye) – great cafe and selection of galleries.
- The Tweed Regional Gallery and Margaret Olley Art Centre (includes cafe on balcony)
- Take the Rainforest Way circuit and experience Australia’s Green Cauldron for yourselves.